We are glad you are joining the online workshops “Winter and Darkroom Retreat 2023”!
Here is some useful information for you:
1. Your link for the Workshop
All workshops will be online LIVE, and we recommend joining LIVE to feel the energy transmission during the practice.
🚩You will receive your Zoom link to join Live workshops of the upcoming week on Wednesday, the link is the same for all workshops of the week.
You can join with any device you have (a computer or a smartphone, tablet) with the Zoom app. Zoom is available for all devices and platforms.
You can download Zoom here:
- PC (Windows, Mac, Linux): https://zoom.us/download
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.zoom.videomeetings
- Apple (iOs): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id546505307
If you can’t make it live, you can always watch recordings at your account at school.mantakchia.com (you have lifetime access to recordings).
2. Daily Schedule (Paris time):
Workshops of Winter Retreat (Weeks 1-4) are taking place from Friday to Monday
— 08:00am – 12:00pm Workshop with Mantak Chia
Workshops of Darkroom Retreat (Weeks 5-8) are taking place from Friday to Monday
— 08:00am – 12:00pm Workshop with Mantak Chia
We will provide translation to any language if there are more than 10 students requesting a translation at the special field during the checkout. You will be offered a full refund in case your language group is not complete and canceled.
Russian: Week 2-3.
4. Access to recordings
You can find recordings at your account at school.mantakchia.com.
Usually, we upload recording lessons the next day after the live lessons. We will create an account for you the next day after Live Workshop starts and then upload new videos.
After new videos will be uploaded in your account you will get several emails:
- If you don’t have an account at school.mantakchia.com – you will get an email with credentials (your login and password created automatically)
- Notification that course already available at your account
- Our personal email just for you with notification and several instructions
We kindly invite you to check our Guide on how to find your login, password and recordings: https://school.mantakchia.com/how-to-study-at-mantak-chia-school/
Learn more about certification steps to become Instructor: click here
If you have more questions about certification, please contact our senior instructor Walter Kellenberger: [email protected]
6. Darkroom retreat: Weeks 5-8
For the Darkroom Retreat online workshops you will get live access to audio lessons. No video will be provided as the workshop will be streamed during the Tao Garden Darkroom Retreat. You will get slides with explanations in ebooklets.
📌Watch the Free Lecture about PiGu and darkroom technology:
Note: you can create a Dark room or do Detox during Advanced Higher Level Inner Alchemy Practices, but you are not obliged to.
How can I obtain darkness with the computer screen on?
You won’t create total darkness, but the important thing is to get as close as possible and here are some tips to help you:
- keep your screen lighting very low and wear dark lensed glasses.
- watch the introduction and observe the slides and then follow the workshop with audio only. This is how we do it in Tao Garden.
- continue your personal practice in total darkness at the end of the day and during meal times.
After the workshop the inner process will continue and the benefits will be enhanced due to the complete darkness.
To enhance your practice you can order Magic Blackout Blind here or here
You can create a Darkroom or do Detox during Workshops of week 5-8, but you are not obliged to.
- For people who have never done a dark retreat before or have neither spent much time in solitude, we recommend starting with 3-5 days of darkness.
- For those who have never done a dark retreat before but have spent extensive time alone, have a solid daily meditation practice, or feel deeply at peace & comfortable within themselves, we recommend starting with 10-12 days.
7. Books recommended to read and tools to enhance your practice
Here you can find books recommended to read before the Winter Retreat starts, especially if you are beginner in Taoist practices: https://www.mantakchia.com/books-for-winter-retreat-2023
Tools for Weeks 1-4: One of the following – Bamboo Hitter / Wire Hitter / Rattan Hitter /
Mung Bean* you can make a mung bean hitter yourself by putting dried beans into a cotton sock
Confirmation of Attendance
All participants of this Online Workshop will get a Confirmation of Attendance signed by Grandmaster Mantak Chia. Please note that this Confirmation doesn’t give a right to teach.
Please, check that your name and surname of your account at school.mantakchia.com are correct for the certificate of Attendance.
If you would like to change it — please check a step-by-step instructions here: https://school.mantakchia.com/how-to-study-at-mantak-chia-school/#changename