by Dr. Jabu Munalula, MD, Integrative Medicine
At Tao Garden we offer a comprehensive detoxification program as part of an integrated approach to healing. The following are some helpful hints to support your detoxification program during your stay at Tao Garden.
- Start your day with a refreshing glass of warm water mixed with a quarter teaspoon of fresh lemonade and honey. This is a great way to activate your digestive system and energize your body first thing in the morning. While you are at Tao Garden you can obtain this from our organic Juice bar.
- Hydrate by drinking one half ounce of water per pound of body weight. Limit coffee and caffeinated beverage intake.
- Take our detoxification herbal supplements to assist clearing the organs of toxins and replace nutrients and minerals. Best to continue the detox supplement set for 28 days to get the most benefit.
- Fasting is a time-honored technique for detoxifying the body naturally and safely. Consider our supervised green juice fast as a great way to encourage toxin elimination and help the organs regenerate. Fasting can improve many chronic conditions like high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes and cancer. A fast of 7 to 10 days is optimal although a shorter 5 day fast will also provide some benefits.
- Use the trampoline or Power plate to stimulate immune system and loosen toxins and improve your overall energy.
- Skin detoxification facilitates release of toxins in the sweat. Use steam or infrared sauna to increase circulation to the skin. Scrub your skin daily with a coarse natural fiber brush or loofah to improve lymphatic drainage and toxin release.
- Hydrotherapy, by alternating between hot and cold water in the shower is another good way to stimulate the circulation and immune system. Another alternate is to alternate between the steam sauna and our salt water pool.
- Colon hydrotherapy performed during a detoxification program facilitates clearance of waste material that may otherwise accumulate in the body.
- Exercise: start your day by activating your major joints with our invigorating Chi Kung class lead by our senior instructors. During the day perform light exercise in our fully equipped gym or salt water pool or a brisk walk around the resort grounds will stimulate your circulation and increase circulation and improve toxin elimination.
- Massage: Tao garden offers a variety of detoxifying and invigorating massages including our signature chi nei tsang and karsai nei tsang massages to improve circulation, lymphatic drainage and toxin elimination.
- Get plenty of rest to allow the body to rejuvenate and rebuild itself naturally. Go to bed early and practice mind body exercises, like our Healing Sounds meditation or Inner Smile practice